The Alliance Française of San Antonio is looking to hire a remote office manager to execute tasks and projects that support the day-to-day operations and growth of the organization. This is a part-time role (normally no more than 10 hours per week), reporting to the President of the Alliance Française of San Antonio.
Duties for this role will be performed remotely, meaning you will not be working in a physical office environment. Access to a stable internet connection and a personal computer is required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management (Required)
- Data Entry (Required)
- Strong written and verbal communication (Required)
- Process Documentation (Optional)
- French Language (Optional)
- WordPress (Optional)
- Coordination of the enrollment process for new and existing French Language students, interacting with teachers to place students in the appropriate study group, and with vendors to ensure resources such as books and virtual meeting rooms are ready prior to the first day of classes for the various sessions that take place throughout the year.
- Coordination for the Alliance Française of San Antonio to participate in fundraising and community-building activities, such as The Big Give and Journée de la Francophonie.
- Building and maintaining our network of French teachers and tutors, to ensure the organization is properly resourced to offer services that support French Language learning.
- Documenting new and existing processes to help the organization streamline its activities, and maintain resources which volunteers and future hires can use to onboard into their roles quickly (e.g. manuals, video recordings, checklists, templates, etc.).
- Contacting our partners (e.g. Cultural Services of the French Embassy, Federation of Alliance Française USA) on an ongoing basis to share information about upcoming activities, so they can distribute the information in their digital communications.
- Attending virtual events, classes, and webinars through the Federation of Alliance Françaises USA to bring back best practices that will help us grow and secure access to resources.
- Respond in a timely manner to online inquiries about French classes and tutoring that come in through the website.
- Match students and teachers for French tutoring needs with the level, day, time, frequency, and other requirements to ensure a successful experience.
- Coordinate support from volunteers and vendors that help the Alliance Française of San Antonio execute on it’s initiatives.
- Update contact records in the organization’s Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) to track communications and ensure the information about students and members is up-to-date.
- Provide and manage permissions for volunteers and future hires to access resources such as email mailboxes, Zoom accounts, CRM, website hosting, and social media accounts.
- Record the number of hours worked per month for each teacher, and communicate this information to the Treasurer so payments are issued in a timely manner.
- Pick up mail from the organization’s P.O. box to process payments for donations, memberships and French classes that may come in by check.
- Prepare deposit slips and deposit checks to the organization’s bank account.
- Help the President prepare for recurring board meetings by sending the meeting invite to board members, containing financial reports, Zoom link, minutes from the prior meeting and the meeting agenda.
- Assist with preparation of the Annual Fund appeal sent at the end of the year to potential donors (drafting the letter, coordinating the mailing).
- Prepare the annual report and submit payment of membership dues when requested by the Federation of Alliance Françaises USA.
- Update the organization’s website to ensure we’re communicating our activities and that it’s available at all times. This would include adding new activities to the events calendar, renewing the SSL certificate every 90 days and enabling updates to WordPress plug-ins.